Saturday, December 13, 2008

Thanksgiving

Grandpa and Ethan enjoying the Christmas lights together.

Thanksgiving was a very special day for us this year. We were able to have all of our family together. There are twelve of us right now including three grandchildren. We have a few time honored traditions here at the Hadley house. We always start out the day with the "Turkey Bowl" over at Brown Middle School. I say we but I really mean the guys in the family. I can be found in the kitchen making pies and rolls while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on television. A perfect start to all the festivities in my opinion. :) After everyone cleans up from the football game Garth starts cooking his famous deep fried turkey. He also stayed up on Wednesday night and made homemade stuffing and gravy. We usually have the cardboard box variety but I'm afraid he's spoiled us now. It was delicious!!!



Garth watching over the turkey pot.



Jessica (our daughter-in-law) and Ryan posing for a quick picture while he's hanging the rope lights. Ryan has this down to a fine art. They always look perfect. Did we mention this is now your permanent job every Thanksgiving? :D



Now it's time to slice the turkey... a true "Kodak moment" (there were three of us with cameras focusing on his culinary skills). Face it Garth! You're a great cook.




Two different shots of us eating. Impossible to get everyone in the picture.
If I remember correctly, alot of the conversation revolved around how we were ever going to eat all of the food we had prepared. But it sure was fun trying to.



After dinner we usually go to a matinee at Movies on TV. This year we chose to just hang out and play games and look at the ads for Black Friday. Most of us decided to sleep in on Friday because we didn't find anything worth getting up early for. For those of you who know me well at all- it's a rare day when I'm willing to miss a bargain! I did enjoy sleeping in Friday morning though. Until next year............

2 comments:

Jackie, Chris, and Camden said...

I wish I was there! How fun!

Danielle said...

mmmm...that turkey looks good! until next year i guess. or actually, i guess in a couple of years. lol. :)