For the first time ever we had 3 Christmas trees this year. And each of them hold their own special memories...
Our main tree- filled with all the ornaments we have collected over the years. I would have to say my very favorite are the assorted homemade ones the kids have given us. These are so precious, especially the ones with their pictures glued on them. The fact that they are made with macaroni, half styrofoam balls, satin balls with globs of dried paint, felt and even paper just adds to their value in a mothers eyes. I will cherish them forever and despite Danielle's protests over her paper angel being displayed, she will be seeing it every year until I'm too old and feeble to put up a tree. So there Danielle!!! :)
This was bought by my sister for our dad to enjoy when he was at the V.A. hospital. He passed away 11 years ago this past November. This one's for you Dad! We miss you.
I keep this tree up year round in the corner of our dining room. I decided to designate it as "my Mom's tree". Around the base is the felt tree skirt my mom made for our tree when we were little. Everything down to the lights are things she has given to us. The icicles and tinsel are from a whole different era along with the tiny satin candy stripe balls I still remember from my childhood. Everything else is ornaments she has made over time. I know she has spent countless hours working on all the tiny details of each ornament. Thank you mom for all the love you put into each and every stitch- this tree definately takes me "back in time". Here is just a sample of the one's she has created.........
2 comments:
I love your trees! Thanks for sharing them. Every year I get rather sad when I have to make a choice of which ornaments to use.
Now for the big question - how long do you leave your trees up?
I really hate to take it down.
Oh! what I wouldn't give for some of your moms ornament patterns. Wouldn't it be fun to make an ornament every year for your kids. I really should start doing that.
Post a Comment