Monday, September 21, 2009

Hood River Fruit Loop

We are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the northwest. Garth and I decided to go for a drive down to Hood River on Saturday. The local farms were celebrating their pear harvest. We invited Stew and Shellie Weed to join us. After a BOGO breakfast at Blue Moon Diner we were off to see what trouble we could find. ;)


Our first stop was at Rasmussen Farms. Stew and Shellie, I still think
you should have climbed on board. (hehe)
The horse was made of moss and wire- pretty cool.



Garth and I.




Inside the fruit and veggie barn. They had lots of different varieties of apples and pears.
And pretty much anything else you would grow on a farm.



I had "tunnel vision" for the Honeycrisp apples. Garth wanted McIntosh.



In keeping with the "pear" theme....who else but.....!?!! :)



Shellie doing a little taste testing at Packard Orchards.
It was fun sampling ones we had never even heard of before.




A totally cool swing (a two-seater) we discovered at our last stop.



What we came home with....



HEAVENLY!!!!


6 comments:

Heather said...

I could smell those apples as I read your post. Yummm!
What a great way to spend time with those you love!
(Can I have a bite of the pie??)

Unknown said...

Definitely one of the best parts of fall!

Grandma Fondren said...

What a fun outing!!!!!

Annette said...

mmmm.... looks good! have you been to oregon heritage farms on river road? They have great honey crisps!

yvonne enger said...

It's been a few yrs. since we've been out to Hood River in the Fall, it is so beautiful. Well, you have inspired me to go this yr. Nice pic's. Love those honey crisps.

jamie t. said...

What a beautiful place! Looked like a great time :)