Sunday, July 26, 2009

Deja vu

Been there.... Done that.....
My birthday is the 18th of June, which means poor Garth usually has to share Father's Day with me. This year I decided we would do it later. Then I pretty much forgot about it because it felt like I had already celebrated ALOT (thank you friends and family). Danielle sweetly informed me numerous times that I would NEVER see my gift until we had an "official" family birthday dinner and I would LOVE the gift she and Matt got me!! Okay. Okay. Let's get the cake in the oven. :P
Here I am holding my present from Matt and Danielle.
S-C-O-R-E! The "ultimate gift"...$20 bucks to Goodwill. I think we're due to go shopping. Anyone game?!!?!


After dinner we hung out back for a bit.
Ethan and Grandpa are "chillin" in the swing.




Marissa and Ryan, don't stand too close.... remember, we're family!




Jeanne Grimmett (my dear friend from Spokane) and I




Garth and I




Brandon with Trinity (his dog) and Luna (brown dog that belongs to a friend of his).





Ethan was having the best time going in and out of the house bringing cars out one at a time to line up on the chair. Here he is making sure they are all turned the right direction.
Notice they are mostly Porsches. That's because they used to be Uncle Jason's...enough said.



Time to get another one. Luna was hanging a "bit close for comfort" sometimes and managed to bump Ethan over a time or two. But Ethan perservered. A man's gotta get the job done you know.



Uncle Brandon swinging Ethan on the trampoline sure brought the giggles out of him.
He kept begging for more. Ethan, you're so funny.





Ryan holding Bennett. He went from one set of arms to another all evening.
Since our grandbabies are all so precious, I have already put in a request for another one. For some reason, Danielle just looks at me like I'm not playing with a full deck. I'm reasonable. I said we would be willing to wait 9 months for the next one. ;)


Brandon, me, Ryan and Marissa

Thanks for helping me celebrate again. The best part of all is being together.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

It is so nice to read your blog because you guys always look like you're having fun. I know you say we're lucky to have family close, and we are, but I'm so glad most of your kids are still in state and are in the area, except for your missionary of course! I hope my kids stay close to home forever... I'm glad you had a great birthday and that Danielle got you such a thoughtful and practical gift!

Danielle said...

i love all the pictures you got-i'm totally stealing them! :) i need to be more on the ball about getting the candid ones like you...