Friday, October 17, 2008

Breaking News!!!!

Jason got his mission call on Tuesday the 14th. We had a small impromptu gathering for the occasion. Bishop Poulsen, Danielle, Ethan, Marissa, Kylin, Grandma Fondren (by phone), Garth and I watched with great anticipation as he opened the envelope.


He conveniently leaves out the name of his mission as he reads it the first time (thus the big grin). NOW for the big announcement...... where to?!?!?
Mesa Arizona Mission- English speaking
He enters the MTC on the 7th of January.

He is so excited to share the gospel with the people in that area. We are proud of him for the choices he's made and his desire to serve the Lord. Now comes the fun of preparing and gathering all his things he will need to take with him.
CONGRATULATIONS JASON!!!

12 comments:

Danielle said...

So excited for you Jason! And I'm glad we kept our agreement and you didn't give into the temptations of mom and dad's evil ways of not letting me see first. haha. you're awesome. Matti, Ethan, and I look forward to sending you lots of embarassing mail and maybe a little bit of mushy mail too. Love ya!

Heather said...

That's fabulous news!
Congratulations Jason.

Mesa is such a beautiful place. We're so proud of you.

runningfan said...

Wahoo -- my hometown!! I'll tell my parents to look out for Elder Hadley in a few months. How exciting!

runningfan said...

P.S. I noticed our blog link on the right. That's awesome...but could you add an extra "r" to Garry's name? :) Thx!

tazdevil said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Is Mesa, Arizona closer to us than Portland?? I will have to break out the map. Yup - pretty sad my geography skill are non existent.

Taylor says - Jason - you rock! Now you get to learn english - I hear it is the hardest language to learn but you can do it!!

We are excited for you!!

The Curtis family

The Bui's said...

What awsome news! We're tootin' and hollering for you Jason.

Jen said...

Yahooo! I hadn't heard the wonderful news out here! I am so happy for your family - what a fun adventure for all of you!! Congratulations Jayson - that is AWESOME!!
By the way, I LOVE the blog Joanne - cute Halloween decor!!

Lori said...

That is so great!! Pam Nielson's twins are going into the MTC in Jan too. Very exciting!!

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you Jason!! I, unlike my sister, can tell you where Mesa is on a map! :-) (Steve's brother and his family live near there) But hey, good luck on the whole learnin' English thing!! WE LOVE YOU, and look forward to talking to you soon!

Annette said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations.... although I'm sure he doesn't really remember me that well if at all!

Courtney B said...

that is so neat! he is leaving about the time Justin is getting back. congrats!!!

Our Little Peneinei Kihs. said...

Congratualtion! I have few companions from my mission that lives there and I heard the coolest mission ever.I know your going to love it there.Poeple in Arizona are so bless to have you there to teach the Plan of Salvation.Congratualtion..